See how others have discovered their Catalyst to a better soccer experience.
We Attribute our Team Success to TCTC
Coach Danielle Ritchie - GU12, Swarm
(Nov 2012) Coach Alicia and Coach Adrian helped the Team Swarm GU12 recreational soccer team have a wonderful soccer season. We finished our season undefeated, with only 2 goals scored against us. We attribute our success, in part, to the wonderful techniques that TCTC worked on with our girls, and the communication and camaraderie we developed working with you as a team. Every single girl loved attending the clinics, and I would recommend you not just to anyone, but any team looking to get better. Thank you TCTC.
I Came Across The Country for TCTC
Natalie Hackett - 15, FC Bucks (Philidelphia)
(August 2012) Going into my second year of high school, I realized that I had to start training harder and harder if I wanted to stand out on my high school and club teams and be noticed by college coaches. So I was looking around all over the internet for a place that I could get the absolute best training and when I found TCTC I knew that it was the perfect place to go. I loved literally everything about going to TCTC, but think my favorite part was definitely seeing how much improvement I got from going and training six days a week. It was the best, most challenging training I've ever had and it was also fun. In only a month and a half there was significant improvement in my speed and agility. I also have so much confidence that I can beat players down the line 1v1. When I went to UCSD's college camp and played in the games, it was clear to me how much better and stronger I was. My passing has become so much more accurate, my shots have gotten much stronger, and I've improved in almost all areas. I couldn't have done it without TCTC.
Susie Albulhawa - Adult, Personal Training (Philidelphia)
(August 2012) I looked for months to find a full service soccer center that offers intensive one-on-one training for my daughter over the summer. I found a lot of camps, some multi-sport centers, some places that work on specific skills, such as speed. But after an exhaustive online search, many telephone calls, the only place I could find was on the other side of the country. It was The Catalyst Training Center. My daughter, Natalie, is 15 and soccer is her passion. She is my passion; so, we decided to take the risk and move out to San Diego for the summer. This adventure entailed a lot of logistics to find affordable local lodging, someone to care for our home and pets in our absence, transportation while in California, and so much more. It was months of planning, but it all came together beautifully. After Natalie's first day of training, we knew we had made the right decision. Although she has been playing soccer since she was 4 years old, she had never received the kind of skill training that was offered at TCTC. She trained daily for 6 weeks and had both qualitative and quantitative improvements in agility, ball control, speed, and strength. The shape of her legs even changed, with noticeably more definition. Instead of waiting idly during Natalie's training sessions, I decided to enroll in some personal training of my own, just to get back into shape. After 4 weeks, I can say that I haven't felt this good in years. I am stronger, my body is tighter, my endurance is improved, I'm sleeping better, and I am, as a reault, happier. It was a tough decision to trek across the country, knowing noone in the area and having limited financial recources. In hindsight, it was one of the better decisions I've made. My daughter's soccer skills are vastly improved and I am considerably better shape. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer.
Finally, the personalities behind this brilliant center are dedicated, talented, hard-working, and all around fantastic individuals. I can't say enough nice things about them or the work they're doing. They will push you to your personal best, and the results will be apparent measurable. We're planning to return during my daughter's next school break.
The Best Training I've Ever Had
Kyle Posey - 15, United
(May 2012) The workout I get and the techniques I am learning are the best parts of Catalyst training. I like the trainers that I work with and I love that the atmosphere is totally soccer! TCTC is the best training I've ever done, I am stronger and can move quicker than before. Soccer has taught me to give everything I can and Catalyst gets the most out of me every time.
Reviews From Living Social San Diego
100% Thumbs Up
- This was the best deal I've ever bought online. The Catalyst Center is an awesome facility! They are very professional and my boys loved it!
- Having played soccer for a few seasons now, my kids felt they did not need to go to a soccer training. Boy were they wrong!! They learned so many great techniques here and they love TCTC...wish I had found this place sooner. The coaches are great! and the techniques they taught are spot on!
- Brandon enjoyed very much the training session with Alicia! She was fantastic. Thanks to her expertise, Brandon made it into the high school soccer team.
- Alicia and her team of trainers are amazing! I would definitely recomend their training services to friends and family.
- The Catalyst Training Center has been great for my son's soccer skills. I enjoy going just to watch him learn. We will be taking advantage of some of their other programs going forward. I highly recommend Catalyst!
- We had a great experience. Alicia and Matt provided clear instructions and my kids enjoyed learning new skills.
- Love this place. It is our new place we go for our soccer needs. Alicia is great!
- Excellent staff and facility. Really knowledgeable and precise in the skills and training. Would highly recommend to other athletes!
- The owner of this place runs a great soccer training program. Your child will learn a great a mount of information that will help him/her in the future. I would highly recommend this place.
- The training provided was outstanding! We've already signed up for more classes.
My Custom Training Program Has Helped In So Many Ways
Matthew Johnson - 12, AYSO (accepted on United team in 2012)
(August 2011) I love the Catalyst soccer training because it has helped me to become soccer fit. Alicia pushes me every session and I could never have improved in so many areas on my own. Catalyst training has improved my skill and performance by helping me to be faster and stronger. My sprinting and jumping form is much better than last year. I feel more confident with the ball and I see improvement when I pass and shoot.
Catalyst Skills Are Learned and Applied Quickly To The Game
Alyssa Huyhn - 9, Scripps Ranch SC
(August 2011) Dear Catalyst,
Yesterday at Alyssa's soccer practice, they played this game where the girls were split into two teams and each kid is given a number like 1-4, and each team stood at the opposite ends of the field. The coach then throws the soccer ball in the middle and he calls out one to two numbers. The kids with those number on both teams must run to the middle of the field and try to get the ball and then kick it into the other team's goal. Well.. Alyssa was able to get to the ball before the other girls, thanks to her training at Catalyst, and she then used her body to block the kids from the ball so she scored the most goals for her team. After the practice, her dad told her that she did well and she was smart to use her body to block the other kids from the ball. She then told her dad that she just learned how to do that from Alicia on Monday. =) I just thought I would share this because Alyssa is learning so much and we know that there is so much more that she can learn from training at Catalyst. We do notice improvements every couple of weeks but yesterday was the first time that Alyssa was able to take what she learned from the previous day's training and just dominated the field with it. =) Just wanted to say thank you!
Kari & Le
Skills Clinics Prove Improvement
Pamela Campbell - Avengers SC GU12 and GU15 Coach
(August 2011) I highly recommend going to this clinic! The girls who went last time improved their kicks and shots by at least 60%!
The Skills Clinics Were New, Challenging, And Very Helpful
Callie Zellers - 11
(July 2011) Written by father Brian: She liked the Open House Free Clinic because of the speed and explosion drills and how she was put through the circuit and challenged with new things like the speed bands and the medicine ball. I like the level of attention and support from your staff and the way proper technique is taught. At the finishing clinic on Monday Calli liked to sole focus on shooting and was very happy with how things were set up. She is a striker who plays on the left and the attention to both legs is very important to us. She is improving all the time but she expressed to us that the coaches were great and very helpful. Again it is important she is challenged and you are making that happen. Calli loves soccer but sometimes we have to coax her to go to extra training. After last Monday's shooting skills clinic, getting her to go to the open house clinic this weekend was easy. We do need to figure out some specialized training for her so we will be calling and chatting when we come for the next clinic.
Fantastic Skills Clinic
Christine Montler - 10
(July 2011) Dear TCTC team,
We just wanted to thank you and your coaches for a fantastic free open house clinic today. Our daughter Christine Montler plays for Quest soccer club, and she was extremely happy with the different drills and skills you worked on. We couldn't be more pleased with your facilities and the outstanding coaching. Thank you for the opportunity to participate.
Jane and Bonner Montler
Reviews From Love A Local Business.com
- I love that there is a facility where athletes of all levels and ages are taught proper training techniques to reduce the chance of injury in a positive environment. Truly a 1 of a kind business
- The overall passion and hard work that the staff at TCTC put into their work is evident in everything they do. Their love for the game is contagious. If you want to be a better soccer player and stay injury free as possible this is the place for you
- I've seen TCTC's owner in action for many years, as an athlete, and as an individual of integrity and commitment. Her dedication to having people be as injury free as possible, and her systems of training allow others to play play play! GREAT work!
- I totally trashed my knees playing soccer. I am so glad TCTC exists and will prevent many players from experiencing that pain I am excited about all the knowledge and fun they are bringing to SD.
- I had terrible knee problems playing in high school and their trainers were able to correct a lot of my bad habits and improve my game!
- I love this place!! best training I've ever done and the trainers are the best ever!!!
- TCTC is amazing and the staff is the best! They have such passion and knowledge that can't be found anywhere else.
- What a fun business; being with kids and helping soccer players, young and old, train and even recover from injury - doing good things with and for good people. TCTC - a new enterprise that surely deserves and earns your business with each visit.
- Great people running this facility! TCTC really cares about soccer and is willing to do anything and everything to help the players!
- I've been coaching for 5 years at the collegiate level, and have played NCAA I ball. For San Diego to get TCTC is a God-Send. Their attention to detail, their passion and their soccer specific training programs make this facility the best in town.
- You will not find a more passionate group of people then at The Catalyst Training Center. They are truly committed to bettering youth soccer not only in San Diego but around the United States.
- TCTC is a business with heart and determination! The owner knows her stuff and truly cares about the people she trains. If you want to avoid injury, perfect your game, increase your agility and gain strength to rock the soccer field, TCTC is for you!
- The Catalyst Training Center is not only an amazing facility, but it is run with the perfect balance of personal and professionalism. Alicia is the BEST!
- I love TCTC! They have the best owner and coach in the world. My kids will definitely be training here to prepare them for high school and college teams.
The 36 Session Training Program Got My Game Back After ACL Surgery
Paula Drummond - 16, San Diego Soccer Club
(June 2011) Catalyst training has improved my performance, agility and skill significantly. Alicia has helped me gain strength in my knee (I had recent ACL knee surgery) and has also improved my game which helped me get on to a San Diego Premier club team. I enjoy doing the core training and ball skills and knowing that after I am done I have received the best training available. I highly recommend TCTC for soccer skills and training. My goal is to obtain a soccer scholarship and play in college so I know if that comes true it will be thanks to Catalyst training.
I've Done More Training Sessions Than Any Other Catalyst Athlete
Alex Vivar - 12, Surf Soccer Club
(May 2011) My favorite part of Catalyst Training is the very hard strength workouts because I know I am getting in better shape and gaining a lot of muscle. Catalyst has helped me improve my soccer skill and performance by teaching me how to control my body properly, but also helping me get stronger and improve ball skill with their soccer specific training programs. It feels good to know I have trained at Catalyst more than any other player because I know I have a great edge with Catalyst training. It is my goal to make it in the English Premier League and play for the US Men's National Team so to reach that goal I know I need the best training and I get that with Catalyst.
I Made An NCAA Division 1 Team After My 12 Session Training Program
Kim Carcich - 19, San Diego State University
(April 2010) I played soccer until my senior year of high school and decided I wanted to take a break and focus on school. During winter break of 2009 I realized I missed soccer and wanted it back in my life. I've only dreamed of a Division 0ne team and never thought I'd be able to make it with two years off. I started training two-a-days with Alicia two weeks before my tryouts at San Diego State. The trainings were exaclty what I needed to get me where I needed to be. With a combination of various weights working out different aspects of my body as well as some ball training and agility I was able to face the fear of tryouts. During the trainings I worked on ankle strength as well as the exact weights I could potentially do in the weight room at SDSU. I got the best workout every time I went there to train because everything was planned out specific to me and that day. I made the team and couldn't be happier that I went through the 12 sessions because it got me to where I needed to be. Without the training I don't think I would be where I am today! Thank you Alicia for training and pushing me to bring out the best in me.